What’s this website about?
Have you ever found yourself reading product reviews and having to dig more and more to get the whole picture? I did too! So I put all the product problems in a quick and easy to read review! 👍
Most product review sites add just enough negatives to make customers believe the review is balanced. But, ultimately, they aim at making money from the their affiliate links, so they don’t dare discuss the product’s dirty secrets. 🤫
Please visit Paid for advertising, a web page made by one of the major global affiliate network to explain this business model to customers.
Negative Reviews monetise product reviews like everybody else, but focusing exclusively on everything that is wrong ❌ with products, so you can feel confident there won’t be any surprises when you buy them. Manufacturers are the best at telling you all the wonderful things their product can do, let us fill in the gaps!
If you are happy with a product after reading our review then you won’t regret your purchase! 🎉
- Why would I not just read critical reviews on Amazon?
- You could, and would be a good place to start, but I put together all of that content and more, contextualise it, and make it easier to read. And all of this with the freedom to operate that a big selling platform can’t give you.
- Unfortunately, customers’ product reviews on big platforms can’t be trusted anymore. This is due to fake positive reviews, but also to fake negative reviews bought by competitors, and to negative reviews that are deleted in exchange for refunds. See Review Meta, a customer reviews analyser, a The Guardian article on Amazon fake reviews organised on Facebook, an ars Technica article on alleged negative reviews deletion, etc.
- Who writes the reviews?
- Why would I buy a product after I read all these bad things about it 🙅♂️?
- No product is perfect. You should consider whether is good value for you, and you can live with those problems. Some problems may not apply to you: some people prefer big phones for the bigger screen, but for some people they are too hard to hold and handle; some phones my have a rare manufacturing problems, but that’s most likely going to be covered by the warranty.
- Do you review only phones 📱?
- No, I could review anything at all! Hardware, software, and even more, but I need to start somewhere 🌈.
Beautiful illustrations by Icons8's Ouch!.
Thanks to Twitter's Twemoji project for bringing some sanity into emojis.
Want to be part of this ✍️? I’d love it ❤️
Let me know if you wish to add anything and if I add it to the review I’ll credit you for it! Or get in touch and I’ll organise to publish your very own review with your name 🏷 on it!